Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Turkey & Tuna Dog Cookies


Not to sound super cliché, but my pets are like my family, my friends, my confidants; they truly are very dear to my heart! So on major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, I try to do at least something special for them since they are so special to me. Most of the year my furry buds eat canned meat labeled bacon cheeseburger, stew, or chicken and rice that most likely tastes nothing like any of those things from the smells of it (yikes!!!) along with some dry kibble that most likely tastes like a box soaked in beef bullion (poor dears). For their undying devotion, pure love, and admirable loyalty (among other lovely qualities) dogs deserve something special at Christmas. Why not whip up a batch of these cheap, easy dog cookies that are HONESTLY good enough for people to enjoy? Not even joking... I had a bite and they're yummy, my dogs absolutely loved them too :) You could even bust out a cute cookie cutter and make them into Holiday themed treats (though my dogs didn't seem to care much about their shape or lack thereof lol)




Whatcha' Need:

2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
~1 cup precooked leftover shredded poultry (I saved a bit of my Thanksgiving Turkey skin and wing meat in the freezer for them) OPTIONAL
1/3 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup water
1 can of tuna in water
2 eggs


Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F) and line a baking sheet with wax paper or spray w/nonstick cooking spray.

While the oven heats, combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl until well coated.



Spoon mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart in the desired size and shape for your dogs. (for smaller dogs make smaller treats, for crispier treats make smaller and bake longer, and so forth)




Bake for about 35- 45 minutes (or even longer if you want a crunchier cookie). It's okay if they are a bit crunchy or even super crispy!! Most dogs love that sort of crunchy factor and they will love these however you dish them up! Just be sure to allow them to cool a bit before handing them out to your eager buddies. (Don't you wish pleasing some people was as easy as pleasing pets lol?!)



These cookies will probably be one of THEE EASIEST, MOST FORGIVING COOKIES you'll ever bake, but your dog will act like it just got served a perfectly cooked prime rib! SERIOUSLY, my bulldog's drool.... was abnormally out of control while begging for another one of these REAL MEATY treats! The only other time he drools like that is when he hears popcorn popping in my microwave, so you know that's a win (well for him anyways lol) :) 

Prissy is pumped and dancing for cookies :)
Happy Holidays to you and your furry fam!







No comments:

Post a Comment