Saturday, October 11, 2014

Homemade Strawberries & Cream Coffee Creamer


I LOVE COFFEE AND STRAWBERRIES like Bubba from "Forrest Gump" loved his shrimp. (AND If you've never seen "Forrest Gump," you are truly missing out in life aka it's a CINEMATIC CLASSIC, MASTERPIECE kinda MOVIE!!!) I truly could rave for days about recipes and reasons for why I adore these two lovely gems: Strawberries & Coffee!! They make the world a better place in my book for 1001 different reasons! Coffee warms my cold, bitter soul (hehehe) even on the chilliest of morns, puts a lil' pep in my step, and is downright delicious among thee 998 other reasons to love it. However, before I ever had the pleasure of knowing the glory of coffee's deliciousness, I knew the splendor of strawberries. As a child, I was literally obsessed with this fantastic little red berry in nearly every way!!!

Strawberry Shortcake the character and the food were what my dreams were made of (still kind of are). Strawberry soda pop, strawberry ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, strawberry milk, strawberry yogurt and really any strawberry flavored sweets were my bag. I'd have fought you like a rabid raccoon over anything strawberry even scented markers and scratch n' sniff stickers, but that's neither here nor there (lol). For every Birthday I celebrated until about age 18, the go-to- dessert included strawberries in someway! Nearly all of my fondest childhood memories included strawberries somehow! Whether it was hiding strawberry pop tarts from my greedy, always hungry, growing brothers or the joy I felt when my mom brought home the fixings for strawberry shortcakes (those days I was on top of my own tiny, carefree world LOL) I lived for strawberries and probably would have died for them way back in my youngster days (not even kidding) LOL. So yeah...I hold strawberries BERRY near to my heart just like Bubba loved his shrimp. Today, I decided to combine two of my all time favorite flavors into one harmonious, EPIC masterpiece! Strawberries N' Cream Coffee Creamer <3 Even if your not obsessed with coffee or strawberries, this is a winner. MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE CREAMER THUS FAR!!!

~What you need~
* 1-14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
* 2 cups Whole Milk (or Whatever your dairy preference, but I can't assure you skim or less fatty milk is gonna be as amazing in this)
* 3 Tablespoons of Strawberry Syrup
* 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
*Clean Quart Sized Mason Jar or Similar Container, measuring and mixing utensils

Combine all ingredients and shake/mix well, the mason jar is easiest for shaking it up, but you could put it in almost any quart sized container with a lid and stir it with a spoon if you prefer! I find the mason jar easiest for storing, mixing and pouring the creamer plus it's rustic and way cute :) Makes me feel like a thrifty little pioneer of sorts lol! ANYHOW :) This creamer has a nice mellow strawberries and creme' flavor sure to put a smile on your face and start your morning off right (even if your not Bubba obsessed with Strawberries and Cream or Coffee). Cheers, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! P.s. the fresher the ingredients i.e. thee MILK, the longer the lifespan of this creamer if refrigerated and stored properly, but if you like it as much as I do....you shouldn't need to worry about all that!! However, you might worry about how you'll ever enjoy another cup of coffee without it (JUST SAYING, It's kinda EPIC folks).


~Furthermore, the totally adorable Strawberry Shortcake Pics and the other high quality opening pic was not taken by moi, (I wish, they are lovely) My camera is obviously ol' school and drawing is not really a strong suite of mine.So if by some CRAZY odds these happen to be yours please don't sue me, they were labeled free images so sue Google... I'm thrifty for a reason LOL  :D <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13076521/?claim=g2gejfj8b2q">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
    

No comments:

Post a Comment